It’s true, the struggle to get content for your new website from people within your company is really difficult. Each department leader gives you a list of what they want on the site, but when you ask for the resources necessary to develop the content for their list most of it never comes, no matter how much you nag them for it. The answer is simple: Don’t do the whole list they gave you.
- Brings the most money into the company (services you sell with the highest profit margin)
- Helps them make better buying decisions (enough explanation to give them confidence, not too much)
- Enables them to serve themselves (faster customer service)
- Educates them on everything you can offer (services cross-selling)
- Proves you are the authority in the industry (accreditations, awards, etc.)
- Encourages them to share your services with other companies (builds community, social stuff)
- Shows them you are proud of your company (this is the history, team, about pages)